[linux-audio-user] Features / requirements for new soundapps page

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Jan 31 19:08:03 EST 2004

So, what should a new soundapps page DO?
In the previous discussion on this list, way back in 2002,
many ideas were kicked around. I think it was originally
too ambitious. I'd like to focus for now on being a really
good resource for finding linux audio / music software.

So, here's a rough cut at a revised requirements list,
distilling the old threads:

Rough mock-up of a typical app listing page:
http://www.slinkp.com/linux/soundapp_site_roughs/app_entry.html

Notes, including links to the old discussions:
http://www.slinkp.com/linux/soundapp_site_roughs

I have just posted a rough draft of requirements on that page.
It (hopefully) includes everything important from
the 2002 discussions.  I invite further discussion of these
requirements in this thread.

p.s. Somebody (Marek?) reminded me of the reasons
why anonymous users should be allowed to post new
listings & update existing ones. Thanks for that!
But I lost the mail so I'm not sure who it was.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com