[linux-audio-user] [OT - Apostrophe]

RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Thu Jul 1 09:17:00 EDT 2004

On 01-Jul-2004 Joe Hartley wrote:
}  RickTaylor at speakeasy.net wrote:
}
} > by the way:
} >
} > http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story?id=6217364&pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=
} > single1
}
}  40 albums???  O...M...G...
}
}  I got to the point where I didn't need to buy any more FZ, because I
}  really didn't need yet another version of The Torture Never Stops, but
}  this sounds like something amazing.

 I'm surprised you found that at the bottom of all that mess. I'm not quite
sure how the "mess" got sent either.

 I used to be a Zappa junkie. :} I got thoroughly tired of his cynicism
{cynicim's boring in the first place.} about the time he did "Broadway the Hard
Way" {Apparently he did as well...}

 I still think his jazz and guitar stuff is absolutely brilliant. There's a lot
of brilliance interspersed throughout the earlier surreal stuff as well...

 ...Maybe Gershwin would be a better pairing than Parker.

}  I loved this bit:  "Frank Zappa was a composer, and he had a bad habit,
}  which was writing music."

 :}

 There are considerably more than 40 albums here:
 http://www.zappa.com/spifnificent.html

E-Mail: RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Date: 01-Jul-2004
Time: 08:01:17