[linux-audio-user] moterhboard and sound card advise

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Jul 2 04:32:31 EDT 2004

> I am thinking of going with the Audiophile 2496. Can anyone confirm
> it will do duplex operation? And MIDI?

Yes, but it doesn't have a 1/4" input. I expect you'll need a simple
pre-amp or mixer circuit to balance impedances. Is your bass active
or passive?

In a way, using a Linux box just for bass effects is overkill. You
might want to consider including recording capabilities into your
design.

> I have seen the plugins available and will write some of my own.

Sounds good - speaking as one bass player to another, would you
consider releasing your plugins?

> I plan on putting a system in a rack, not necesarily 1U. I can get
> rack enclosures, all steel. The lower plate has a matrix of holes
> for mounting board standoffs. This way I can have a pedal board
> with a rack above

There was some discussion on this list recently about using MIDI foot
controllers, I believe.

Cheers

Daniel