[linux-audio-user] Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?

Alejandro Lopez alex_osiris at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 09:22:56 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

Fernando and Joseph, thanks for the info on Fedora Core 1 / 2 and ALSA.

>If you have the time and bandwidth you could just do some trial installs
and pick the distro that appeals to you most. All of them are good

I would be very happy to keep ANY if I succeed in making it work! :-)

Thanks Jan and Them for sharing your experience, I see you are very
significantly more skilled than me but still useful posts (you can't help
being skilled, can you? :-))

>These are good questions to base your decision on. I think you'll find it
easier than that. ;-)

Yeah if it works don't bloody touch it! :-)) Thanks Tim for the useful info
on DeMuDi.

>AGNULA/DeMuDi has   now   an all-in-one  bootable CD-ROM    ISO image,

Hi Free, that sounds ideal for the music-only system I'm after, I wouldn't
need to set up a full OS as a first step.

The classic approach of installing the OS first and then some RPMs on top of
that would be the flexible option (if you want to use the PC for things
other than music) but I don't need that, I don't even want that, I'd rather
keep things as simple as possible and install the minimum needed by the
music apps. Thanks for the advice. Downloading now.. :-)

Cheers,

Alex