[linux-audio-user] Re: Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?

Robert Epprecht epprecht at solnet.ch
Tue Jul 6 10:56:52 EDT 2004

"Alejandro Lopez" <alex_osiris at hotmail.com> writes:

>>AGNULA/DeMuDi has   now   an all-in-one  bootable CD-ROM    ISO image,
>
> Hi Free, that sounds ideal for the music-only system I'm after, I
> wouldn't need to set up a full OS as a first step.
>
> The classic approach of installing the OS first and then some RPMs on
> top of that would be the flexible option (if you want to use the PC
> for things other than music) but I don't need that, I don't even want
> that, I'd rather keep things as simple as possible and install the
> minimum needed by the music apps. Thanks for the advice. Downloading
> now.. :-)

While it is a good approach to keep things as simple as possible, you
can be sure that one day or the other you *will* wish to install some
other software. So let me assure you that this is very easy with
AGNULA/DeMuDi, as you can use the whole Debian software pool through
'apt-get' and friends, which programs are one of the very strong sides
of a Debian system BTW.

Robert Epprecht