[linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT problems still...Desperate!!

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Jul 8 15:46:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 12:20, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:19:41 -0700
> Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
>
> > Still have some light "snap, crackle and pop" problems here. They don't
> > seem to be related to X-runs.
>
> I was having some big problems with noises and distortion for a while.
> It turns out that I had some mismatches on the dB level of my gear.
> Some worked at -10dB, some at +4dB.  When I mixed and matched it, I
> had some baaaad sounds for a while.
>
> I don't know how/if the 1010LT lets you change these settings, but it
> might be worth looking at.

Hmmm. I hear it mostly on the ch 1 input of the 1010. Now this channel
is provided with a mic preamp and it is adjustable via a jumper on the
card from (I think) +4 to -10. I use this channel because the output of
my Takamine is relatively low. I dont hear much distortion (unless I
thump into my axe a bit) but more subtle pops at random intervals.

But I buss the other fx in seperate mixer channels in Ardour back out to
seperate channels of the card. I am pretty sure I hear the odd pop in
the reverb and delays as well.

R~

R~