[linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Thu Jul 8 23:35:40 EDT 2004

RickTaylor at speakeasy.net wrote:

>  It is pretty nice. I still need to pay for a copy. Supposedly Macromedia
> intends to port Flash pretty soon though...

Yeah, I do, too.

Which reminds me of another audio application needed under Linux: an
application for handling animation lip-syncing, along the lines of
Magpie.  There is a free app called Pamela, written in Python, that
might not be too difficult to port to Linux.  I'd thought about starting
up something on SF, but got too many other projects going right now to
be able to concentrate on it.

>  Jahshaka's ok... it strikes me as incomplete. I don't really like the editor
> in Kino. Kdenlive strikes me as an excellent solution {Tho' it's incomplete it
> is coming along fairly quickly.}

Jahshaka's very incomplete... it's been dragging it's feet for a couple
of years now without a whole of development going on (except the website
saying how great it's gonna be when it's done).  At the very least, Kino
is being actively developed and doesn't crash constantly.  I do admit
Kino's user interface is pretty amateurish, but I think they are
focusing more on stability and functionality than making it look pretty.
  If Kino became a JACK application, there might be better options of
synching audio and video here also.

>  Both of which I use. {Tho' I don't have any real interest in 3d... I should
> say "I use CinePaint... K3d has a home on my harddrive". I'll get to it
> eventually.}
>
>  ...You rarely hear them discussed anywhere and they all strike me as selling
> points for linux.

I'm planning on using K-3D & the Gimp to create art for CD covers. :-)

-- Brett