[linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux

RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Fri Jul 9 16:30:37 EDT 2004

On 09-Jul-2004 Chris Pickett wrote:
}  Chris Pickett wrote:
} > RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net wrote:
} >> I'm thinking more along the lines of a open source system with shareware
} >> apps.
} >>I think the system itself would go down the tubes if you started getting
} >>internal competition, etc.
} >
} >
} > I guess ... I guess I've stopped distinguishing between system and
} > application.  Is Mozilla part of the system?  Or is it definitely an
} > application?  Do you define application by replaceable, non-essential
} > part?  What's essential?  Is X essential?  How about bash?  Is the linux
} > kernel even essential?  Can't you run this software with a different
} > kernel?  I basically view everything as a set of interoperating programs
} > -- including the music stuff -- although I might concede that the kernel
} > is perhaps the only "true" system component.
}
}  What I meant to say was, every piece is essential in a fluid,
}  well-functioning system, and there is no differentiation between them,
}  but if one insists on drawing a line somewhere then it's between kernel
}  space and userland.  Including music stuff :)

 In other words Photoshop is essential to a graphics system?
E-Mail: RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Date: 09-Jul-2004
Time: 15:29:52

This message was sent by XFMail