[linux-audio-user] Note typesetting for Linux

anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Sat Jul 10 05:08:26 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 10:06:37AM +1200, Glenn McCord wrote:
> A graphical frontend IS the easiest way to do it. You see what
> you would see if you were composing away from the computer. I can't see
> how this can possibly be debated.

No, but not because you are unassailably right, only because people in
both camps are entrenched in their preferences for what works for them.

Some people like to use word processors like MS word for similar reasons,
but those who use LaTeX for producing formatted documents absolutely
swear by it. Different != wrong, and as someone has already suggested,
this may be a thing where some brains are wired differently, to think
symbolically or graphically for instance.

So, as has been repeated, the debate is not GUI vs. text, but about
creating the best tool ndependently vs. copying or porting an
established Windows product, bugs, misfeatures and all. I suspect that
is going to have to mean creating the best GUI based tool *and* the best
text based tool so that everybody's happy.

Anyway, this is all out of my league. abcm2ps does everything I need :-)

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk