[linux-audio-user] Note typesetting for Linux

stefano cardo stefano.cardo at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jul 10 10:44:08 EDT 2004

At 16.09 10/07/04, you wrote:

>The traditional 12-tone system died along with many innocent people in the second world war (and it's
>out of tune), traditional scoring methods will only represent a limited amount of note information.

....... quite please... I can understand your minding, but...
Do you think da an A4 is limited amount of information? tell it to a jazz player and he will beat you ;-)

> To accurately represent some of my musical ideas I can imagine importing conventional scores into GIMP, dia or even OOdraw for further processing, possibly including pd patches and the like.

Please, really, I'm interested in new music, I play Clarinet and Bass Clarinet and if you need a player for you music contact me!!!

>I say imagine, I'd need a printer that could handle that kind of volume of printing. I'll let you know when I get there.
>
>I guess Linux is capable of accommodating the more traditional approaches
>equally well.

Stefano Cardo
Debian DeMuDi GNU/Linux User