[linux-audio-user] A little scared of Debian, was Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 03:34:14 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 09:51:50PM -0700, Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> To be the quintesential dumb bunny again...So on MDK, I would use
> Kpackage to install MDK rpm's only?

My brief experience of MDK was that I could only install Mandrake RPMs.
In particular I coudn't always install Red Hat RPMs.
As one major reason for switching to MDK was to be able to use RPMs and
thus more recent versions of software, I went off it rather quickly,
moved back to Debian and learned how to upgrade to testing and keep
it up to date.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk       Tel: 01638 720444