[linux-audio-user] Connecting JackRack

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Mon Jul 12 09:32:37 EDT 2004

Last Sunday 11 July 2004 21:28, hansfong at zonnet.nl was like:
> Can someone give me a hint about the following...
>
> My midi-keyboard is connected to my Audigy soundcard and I use qjackctl to
> connect it to the emu10k1 wavetable as follows:
>
> Readable clients                    Writable clients
> 64:0 Audigy MPU-401 (UART) ---->    65:0 Emu10k1 WaveTable
>
> Now I want to add some reverb with JackRack. How do I do that? My idea was
> the following...
>
> 64:0 Audigy MPU-401 (UART) ---->    129:0 JackRack control
> 129:0 JackRack control     ---->    65:0 Emu10k1 WaveTable
>
> ...only this doesn't work. What does?

MIDI = control signals
Audio = sound

This patch routes MIDI control signals from JackRack into your wavetable
synth. You might trigger some random notes this way, but you won't be hearing
any nice reverbs. You want to route JackRack's Audio output to the alsa_pcm
input (i.e. NOT the MPU-401) using the previous (Audio) tab.

cheers

tim hall