[linux-audio-user] merging multimedia patches into the Linux kernel

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Tue Jul 13 04:11:35 EDT 2004

> I think the core Linux kernel developers are
> really not aware that the vanilla kernel is not appropriate for
> multimedia work. And that's because no one told them.

Actually, I interviewed Andrew Morton earlier this year for a magazine
feature, and he's very aware of these issues.

I think a more likely explanation is that if you look at the
organisations and companies putting significant resources into kernel
development, few of them are making products for the professional
audio market, if any.

I have already made preliminary contact between linuxaudio.org and
osdl.org in an attempt to get better communication. Unfortunately
linuxaudio.org does not have sufficient financial resources to become
a full member of OSDL, but we can at least talk to them.

Cheers

Daniel