[linux-audio-user] distros

ricktaylor at speakeasy.net ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 13 20:21:49 EDT 2004

> From: mik [mailto:mprims at skynet.be]
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:11:41 +0100 someone called David M wrote:
>
> > One point though if somebody knows how to set global environment variables
> > that work within the point and click environment within kde (.profile doesnt
> > seem to work) I certainly would like to know.

> /etc/environment ?

 There is a section in khelpcenter that tells how to change most of the things that effect kdesktop. Other than that you should be able to change things normally. I don't use the actual desktop anymore... {Just the applications from windowmaker} I'm not 100% certain but can't recall having problems with setting things from a terminal or set up files.