[linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

Jonathan Segel jsegel at magneticmotorworks.com
Sat Jul 17 16:46:03 EDT 2004

>and jackmix seems to be very nice indeed, i'll try it soon. my only
>complaint is that from the screenshots it seems to be involving instead of
>evolving: the original sliders in 0.0.1 were substituted in 0.0.3 with
>knobs, a device that makes sense when manipulated with real hands (if you
>excuse the redundancy, not very evident in english, anyway), but very
>awkward in a GUI. consider returning to some sort of sliders, they're far
>more convenient in a GUI, since their movement follow better the movement of
>the mouse.

i'm betting that the way it actually is manipulated is that drawing a
straight line with the mouse up or down turns the knob, just as it
would a slider, rather than drawing the mouse in a circle around the
knob's perimeter. as such it operates exactly the same way, but saves
screen space, perhaps?

Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
   jsegel at magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite at yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com