[linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Jul 17 23:07:14 EDT 2004

Last Saturday 17 July 2004 22:30, Chris Cannam was like:
> Oh no!  This subject has just been the subject of a 200+-article
> flamewar (sorry, I mean constructive discussion) over on LAD.  Are
> sliders always better than knobs, or do knobs have their place?  Is
> it better to operate knobs linearly, or with a rotary mouse motion?

I have one thing to say on this subject.

I find these kind of controls work the opposite way to the one I want in RG
when using the mouse scroll wheel (my preference usually). Is it possible to
reverse the polarity of RG's interpretation of scrollwheel events?

If things generally increased when I scroll up and decreased when I scroll
down, I wouldn't give a monkeys' whether it was a knob, slider or some newly
invented wonder widget.

:-]

tim hall