[linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

Olivier Guilyardi ml at xung.org
Tue Jul 20 02:00:48 EDT 2004

RickTaylor at speakeasy.net wrote:
>  How 'bout those little number like they use in high endish graphics programs?
>  ...Where you have a row of numbers that it looks like they pulled out of a slot machine and you can either click on them and enter a new number, use the up and down arrows on the side or click and move your mouse in one direction or the other to change the numbers.
>  I like the idea of mapping the audio frequency to a corresponding color frequency as well... Maybe you could have the numbers or a border around the numbers change color?

He, yeah, the good old gtk spin button... The problem is there is no
"click and move" behaviour AFAIK. That'd be great, this requires having
a little button between the up and down arrow, which you press to obtain
the same effect as a knob.

But about color scale squares, just imagine how compact it can get : 8
tracks with 4 levels each, that's 32 little square on a gtk drawing
area. I believe white to black would be very efficient, and rolling over
a level or adjusting it, the status bar would get you some numerical
information.

--
   og