[linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Wed Jul 21 00:54:12 EDT 2004

> RickTaylor at speakeasy.net wrote:
> >  How 'bout those little number like they use in high endish graphics programs?
> >  ...Where you have a row of numbers that it looks like they pulled out of a slot machine and you can either click on them and enter a new number, use the up and down arrows on the side or click and move your mouse in one direction or the other to change the numbers.
> >  I like the idea of mapping the audio frequency to a corresponding color frequency as well... Maybe you could have the numbers or a border around the numbers change color?
>
> He, yeah, the good old gtk spin button... The problem is there is no
> "click and move" behaviour AFAIK. That'd be great, this requires having
> a little button between the up and down arrow, which you press to obtain
> the same effect as a knob.

 I guess I'm spoiled... I try to do this with everything. {Unfortunately, it doesn't work with everything} It is a very nice bit of functionality.

> But about color scale squares, just imagine how compact it can get : 8
> tracks with 4 levels each, that's 32 little square on a gtk drawing
> area. I believe white to black would be very efficient, and rolling over
> a level or adjusting it, the status bar would get you some numerical
> information.

 You mean for presets? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

This message has been brought to you in part by a grant from Columba.