[linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Jul 22 21:19:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 17:25, Ryan Underwood wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 02:59:33PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:

> > phones. But if i were to buy phones in that price range, i'd rather eat
> > plain bread and drink plain water for a while and save money for the
> > SR80
>
> Have you used both ?  Do you have an anecdotal comparison?  I don't
> really know much of the differences between them

I didn't A/B them, but i did listen to them at different times. And i
could easily compare both to the SR125 since that's the Grado that i
own. So my comparison might be unreliable, but it matches what other
people say.

The SR80 are more lively.

My advice is to find a dealer and pester them for a few days. Listen to
the cans, compare them, bring CDs that you know very well, and just
listen. You'll make your own decision eventually.

> except for the "holes"
> in the can covers... I'm not sure how that would feel compared to the
> SR60's solid covers.

I'm not certain i understand what do you mean by that. The SR60 that i
saw had similar cans to the SR80, as you can see on the gradolabs.com
site.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/