[linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Jul 22 23:44:42 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 18:47, Ryan Underwood wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 06:19:21PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> >
> > The SR80 are more lively.
>
> Is that good or bad?  I think the overall opinion is that Grado phones
> are already a little trigger happy ;)

Well, now you see why i said i'm having a split-personality syndrome
when it comes to Grado? :-)

Personally i still think that Grado phones become better when you climb
up the price scale. But... (and here's where dr. Jekyll becomes mr. Hyde
again)
No, what the heck, bright or not, the more expensive Grado's are
definitely more transparent. And that's a big thing.

Anyway, try'em out, put your own ears in the cans and listen. There's no
other way, really. <shrug>

> Hmm, on the site, they seem to have either a wrong picture for the SR60,
> or are using different covers than on my two pairs.  On mine, the part
> that contacts the ear is just a flat round foam cover.  On the picture
> of both the SR60 and the SR80 on their site, there is a "donut" or "cup"
> that surrounds the ear, which is very different from the SR60 that I
> have.

Could it be that your SR60 and the one on the website have different
earpads? Grado did change the earpads at some point, by popular demand
(people were complaining the old earpads were too uncomfortable). It did
improve comfortability a bit, but not too much; my SR125 have new
earpads and they're... well... tolerable.

I belive the new earpads can be procured by request - you could contact
either Grado or a dealer and talk to them.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/