[linux-audio-user] [OT] good studio monitors

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jul 23 15:07:50 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 11:44, Jamie Guinan wrote:
> On 22 Jul 2004, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > I have four 824's at home and they are fine, very good the the price (a
> > little too much bass) <snip>
>
> Funny, I just got a pair of 824's a few weeks ago, and I found that the
> bass was really weak in my intended "sweet spot" position (speakers are
> a few feet apart on a shelf,  against the wall, at ear level).

I take it that you have played around with the "space" switch (or
something like that). I think they have a bit of a resonance at the
_very_ low end. I mixed a piece on them that has some nice very low end
"booms" in there and on most other speakers they are really not there.

-- Fernando