[linux-audio-user] CPU clock - Coppermining

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Sun Jul 25 22:44:20 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 01:34:02PM +0100, tim hall wrote:

> AFAICT, so long as I keep it cool enough, it could well be stable at this
> setting.

Just for another data point, I have a 533MHz Coppermine Celeron which
has been running at 800Mhz (100MHz * 8) for over 3 years now.  Never
given me a lick of trouble at that speed.  I did bump up Vcc by
1/10 of a volt to ward off any potential marginal behavior.  Perhaps you
could try the same.  I would not recommend more than a .2V increment,
because it starts to be a rather large percentage increase.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>