[linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Fri Jul 30 14:58:00 EDT 2004

On Friday 30 July 2004 04:07 am, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 08:46:42 -0400, John Check wrote:
> > > * Low latency realtime operation via Jack
> > > * 100% LADSPA plugins, not Yet Another Internal Plugin Format
> > > - (DSSI and perhaps VST are being considered)
> >
> > FWIW DSSI as a response to MusE softsynth handling API dependency QT is
> > fallacious. There is no dependency according to Werner Schweer. Just
> > saying.
>
> It is far from the only reason for DSSI's existence.

I'm having a look at the RFC...
I only know of DSSI because a couple of the MusE guys wanted to integrate it
and got shot down.

> - Steve

PS to list at large

FYI: I'm completely ignorant of the current linux audio scene, but I've been
around as a developer on the platform. I have a music/audio background and
I'm "getting back to my roots" for the next phase.
A few more clue-impaired statements are likely while I'm ramping up.
If I say or miss anything that should be "obvious", clue me. I intend to take
on some of the documentation issues as part of my larger strategy.