[linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 30 16:21:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 07:53:35 +0100, Chris Cannam wrote:
> I don't however particularly think you should attempt to make a real
> modular synth into a DSSI plugin.  Anything where the GUI is designed
> to do serious editing work, rather than just tweaking a few values,
> is IMHO probably not a great fit.

Agreed. I was thinking of a canned setup of a modular synth. I dont
think you could if you wanted to because LADSPA doesnt allow dynamic
adding or removing of ports.

FWIW I dont think we will see GMPI for at least 18 months - probably
longer, and it will be a while after that before we have working free
implementations, its a bit of a beast.

- Steve