[linux-audio-user] gnome-terminal performance

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sat Jul 31 16:09:18 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 12:57, Chris Pickett wrote:

> note that i don't like menubars or scrollbars or any of that crap, and
> aterm lets you get rid of them easily (scrollbar is shift+pgup/pgdn or
> shift+up/dn).

Actually, gnome-terminal is good from a usability p.o.v. I like the way
it has copy/paste keyb shortcuts, i actually use the Reset And Clear
function (makes it easy to copy/paste huge swaths of text), etc.
But, with JACK needing a smooth environment, gnome-terminal seems like a
timed bomb. :-(

> usually i just work with 2 or three terminals full
> screen, but occasionally unmaximize them.  if i remember correctly, it's
> like xterm except you can have a transparent background if you want, and
> it's a bit lighter too.

Lighter than xterm? I gotta try it!

--
Florin Andrei