[linux-audio-user] All synced up!

Them idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Mon Jun 7 09:28:35 EDT 2004

After a fun-filled weekend of doing nothing but downloading and
compiling software (after struggling with a flaky wireless card and
having to install a new one and build the drivers for it), I have
synchronization working beautifully between the two killer apps,
Rosegarden and Ardour (Ardour is the master, Rosegarden is the slave).
It works even better than expected, and the performance of everything is
way better than what I saw on Windows XP (same machine) using Cakewalk
and Finale (which I couldn't synch together at all).  And the vast
number of plugins I have now... I would have had to spend a huge wad of
cash to get the same amount of VST of or DirectX plugins.

Using JACK and the applications that can use JACK remind me why I was
drawn to Unix-ish OSes in the first place so many years ago -- it's not
just the individual programs that are important, but the relationship
between the programs and how they work together that are important.

-- Brett