[linux-audio-user] jack and ppc prelim...

Jonathan Segel jsegel at magneticmotorworks.com
Fri Jun 11 15:07:39 EDT 2004

in an effort to minimize the number of computers i carry around with
me (!) i recently installed gentoo onto my new apple powerbook 1.5ghz.
it's a new world for me, being used to planet-ccrma on my on my sharp-mv12w.
so before i ask a million questions: does anybody else use gentoo-ppc
with working sound?

i'm having a tough time with it.

slightly more specifics:
how do you deal with realtime? ppc uses /dev/rtc and how-to's say not
to compile kernel for enhanced RTC.
jack 0.98 and alsa 1.0.5 installed, kernel is 2.6.4
even qjackctl installed! yay. but jack can't connect to the client,
or even if i manage to get settings that will connect and alsa pcm of
hw:0 shows up in the connections, no sound comes out.

anyway... thanks if anybody can help//
Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
   jsegel at magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite at yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com