[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Specimen 0.3.0 released

Pete Bessman ninjadroid at gazuga.net
Sat Jun 12 11:42:35 EDT 2004

At Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:03:11 +0200,
Krabat vonUebel wrote:

> your absolutly welcome to shout weird names at me if I address an
> issue already dealed with since ages (I'm running Debian so it might
> take ages before i notice ;-)):

That's a license you don't want to give me; I have a talent for epitaphs ;-)

> With Specimen 0.2.4-1 I could not load stereo samples, they seemed
> to be mixed to mono, loosing their spatial (?) data. Does Specimen
> 0.3.0 support stereo samples or if not, would you add this feature?

0.2.4 had a b0rked panning mechanism, so stereo samples would sound
funky.  Ironically, Specimen only supports stereo samples; mono samples
are converted to stereo before they are used.  Versions 0.2.9 and
up fix the problem you have.

However, it depends on glib-2.4 and family, which nobody seems to have.
I'm going to spend this afternoon ripping that out, so look for a
new tarball later this evening.

[pb]