[linux-audio-user] Ardour and some other test results running jack

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jun 13 02:17:10 EDT 2004

I notice that the message box on daemon startup talks about using a "hardware
device" rathern than using alsa "plug" interface.  In its options settings I
see an interface dropddown->default/hw:0/hw:1. Is this what it is talking
about--do I set this to hw:0 (I do not know that I actually have a hw:1)?

I am running this through a old en1371 I found in someone's trashed
computer--my higher-quality dman2044 has no alsa support. The 1371 has an
8meg wave table available and configuration options accessable under windows.
How does one set this card up under alsa--it is called, detected and works
right now, no more?

MIDI goes in from a Roland UM1 from a "Reveal Musicstar" controller--keyboard
was an absolute bargain at $40 on Ebay--10-note polyphony to boot, not touch
sensitive. MIDI goes out through a Yamaha sw60xg using the MPU401 driver.
Yamaha recommended doing this user w2k before they had a driver and it work
in linux just fine.