[linux-audio-user] Note Edit and LilyPond

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Jun 16 06:36:43 EDT 2004

Greetings:

  Has anyone produced workable LilyPond output from NoteEdit ? If so,
how did you do it ? I'm running NE 2.5.3 and LilyPond 2.2.0. NE appears
to create the LY file without problems, but when I try rendering it in
LilyPond I receive a slew of errors when I run this command:

    lilypond-bin -f ps dp-chorale.ly

The errors start with

    dp-chorale.ly:8:21: error: can't find file: `paper16.ly'

and proceed to a stream of others regarding unknown escaped strings,
parse errors, errors regarding Lyric mode (!), et cetera. I'll gladly
send the NE-created LY file and the complete LP error output to anyone
who wants to help. Anyone ?...

  Also, NE's notes on exporting to LP mention some binaries that
aparently are no longer part of LP, such as ly2dvi. Is that app now
incorporated into lilypond and/or lilypond-bin ?

Best regards,

dp