[linux-audio-user] Note Edit and LilyPond

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Jun 16 06:20:51 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 16 Jun 2004 11:36 am, Dave Phillips wrote:
> NE's notes on exporting to LP mention some binaries that
> aparently are no longer part of LP, such as ly2dvi. Is that app now
> incorporated into lilypond and/or lilypond-bin ?

ly2dvi has been renamed to lilypond, and lilypond has been renamed to
lilypond-bin.  You almost certainly want to be running lilypond
rather than lilypond-bin -- though I guess there must be some reason
you chose to run lilypond-bin in the first place?

This change happened in LilyPond 2.0, and I think the paper16.ly
change you mention was made in LilyPond 2.2, so it seems NoteEdit is
exporting older data than your LilyPond version.  Try running the
convert-ly script (part of the LilyPond distribution) on your .ly
file to bring it up to date before running LilyPond.

Chris