[linux-audio-user] M-Audio

Matthew Barber brbrofsvl at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 13:56:59 EDT 2004

->
> and now m-audio.  Here's to German audio excellence!  Those cold
winters
> drive you indoors to tinker with great machines and perfect them, I
> guess. :)

I don't think M-Audio is a german company, though. And while M-Audio
makes some great products they also make some very understandard ones:
Most of their USB audio cards are very hard to get to work on Linux,
if at all, contrary to what M-Audio says on their website.<-

About M-Audio... we had been using a Delta 1010 in our studio, with some
heavy 96k usage under RH9 and basically a CCRMA setup.  We had two of
these cards fry and become totally unusable - they had a terrible
high-pitched hum and pretty much no audio output.  The service on the
cards was pretty bad, too.  We had to ditch M-Audio and go with RME
(Multiface) for the rest of the semester.

Matt