[linux-audio-user] M-Audio

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jun 21 16:25:50 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 10:56, Matthew Barber wrote:
> ->
> > and now m-audio.  Here's to German audio excellence!  Those cold winters
> > drive you indoors to tinker with great machines and perfect them, I
> > guess. :)
>
> I don't think M-Audio is a german company, though. And while M-Audio
> makes some great products they also make some very understandard ones:
> Most of their USB audio cards are very hard to get to work on Linux,
> if at all, contrary to what M-Audio says on their website.<-
>

> About M-Audio... we had been using a Delta 1010 in our studio, with some
> heavy 96k usage under RH9 and basically a CCRMA setup.  We had two of
> these cards fry and become totally unusable - they had a terrible
> high-pitched hum and pretty much no audio output.

We also had a problem with some of the 1010's. The audio sort of died
and the power led in the front panel of the rack mounted ad/da unit
would not light properly. Turned out a couple of electrolytic capacitors
in the internal power supply voltage doubler had died. We just changed
them...

-- Fernando