[linux-audio-user] building midishare

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Jun 24 13:02:54 EDT 2004

Thanks Rick,

Last Thursday 24 June 2004 06:33, RickTaylor at speakeasy.net was like:
> Your {Debian} solution:
>  http://lists.agnula.org/pipermail/announce/2004-January/000026.html

= compile it from source as per the last link. IRCAM represents more the
RedHat side of AGNULA (amongst many other things - I consider the Institute's
foundation to be the marker point for 'modern' music as opposed to what
should be considered 'historical'). I know that Patrice Tisserand and
Francois Dechelle _are_ working on a Debian package, but they have a busy
schedule and I'm impatient / interested enough to have a go at compiling it
myself.

>  A sort of primer:
>  http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7432

Good, not seen that.

>  IRCAM's "Compiling and running OpenMusic on GNU/Linux":
>  http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/article.php3?id_article=73

Yup, this is the article that made me think about trying to do it from source.
I've only ever done straightforward ./configure; make installs that don't
involve dependencies. I wouldn't know where to start editing a makefile.

Well, I know I have most of the necessary reading matter on my hard drive, or
is googleable, I may as well download the sources and see what gives. I
expect I'll be posting some confused gcc output sometime soon ;-)

cheers

tim hall