[linux-audio-user] building midishare

RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Thu Jun 24 17:52:55 EDT 2004

On 24-Jun-2004 tim hall wrote:
}  Thanks Rick,
}
}  Last Thursday 24 June 2004 06:33, RickTaylor at speakeasy.net was like:
} > Your {Debian} solution:
} > _http://lists.agnula.org/pipermail/announce/2004-January/000026.html
}
}  = compile it from source as per the last link. IRCAM represents more the
}  RedHat side of AGNULA (amongst many other things - I consider the
}  Institute's
}  foundation to be the marker point for 'modern' music as opposed to what
}  should be considered 'historical'). I know that Patrice Tisserand and
}  Francois Dechelle _are_ working on a Debian package, but they have a busy
}  schedule and I'm impatient / interested enough to have a go at compiling it
}  myself.

 Sorry... I just sort of assumed they'd have a deb if it's part of the
distribution.

They have binary rpms here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=72274&package_id=105855&re
lease_id=208035

You can use alien to convert it to a .deb and then either install it {provided
you have the required bits and pieces} or open it up and install the files
manually.

} > _A sort of primer:
} > _http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7432
}
}  Good, not seen that.
}
} > _IRCAM's "Compiling and running OpenMusic on GNU/Linux":
} > _http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/article.php3?id_article=73
}
}  Yup, this is the article that made me think about trying to do it from
}  source.
}  I've only ever done straightforward ./configure; make installs that don't
}  involve dependencies. I wouldn't know where to start editing a makefile.
}
}  Well, I know I have most of the necessary reading matter on my hard drive,
}  or
}  is googleable, I may as well download the sources and see what gives. I
}  expect I'll be posting some confused gcc output sometime soon ;-)

 :} With most stuff it's a matter of having all of the prereqs... and having
the paths right so that everything gets mixed together properly.

 You might try just reading one... they're pretty straightforward.

E-Mail: RickTaylor at Speakeasy.Net
Date: 24-Jun-2004
Time: 16:39:29

This message was sent by XFMail