[linux-audio-user] USB digital out to hifi

Barnaby Gray bee at pickle.me.uk
Tue Mar 2 14:44:13 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm interested in a quality digital out to go to the DAC on my hifi,
for playing music as a jukebox. It's a laptop so the device will have
to be USB and definitely needs to do 16bit/44.1khz, and 24bit/96khz as
well would be sweet. Does anyone have any recommendations for devices
that play nicely under linux?

I've looked at the Creative MP3+ which looks cheap and I wouldn't
trust to have a direct digital signal, also doesn't do the higher
bit/sample rate. The other one I looked at is the M-Audio Sonica, but
I've been steered away from that because of the firmware difficulties.

Thanks in advance,

Barnaby