[linux-audio-user] FINALE 2000 - WINE ???

Stefano Cardo stefano.cardo at fastwebnet.it
Sat Mar 6 04:23:30 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 07:29:28PM +0000, robcanning wrote:
> hi
>
> sorry if this is slightly off-topic but to convert fully to linux audio
> i need to be able to use notation - i've seen some of the open source
> notation packages and none of them are up to the level of Finale yet.
>
> i'm trying out finale 2000 on the WINE emulator for Linux on Redhat9.
> I have put a copy of the maestro.ttf font into an X11 directory and
> pointed my .wine/config file to that directory so now i have the font
> showing up in finale.
>
> My problem is all the little buttons in the simple entry panel are black
> instead of showing up note/duration symbols - most of the other buttons
> in the other entry panels are showing up ok.  any linux/wine/finale
> users out there???
>
> are the symbols on these buttons connected to maestro.ttf?
>
> - reports of any experiences with using finale within WINE would be
> greatly appreciated especially with regards to getting the midi .dll
> side of things up and running.
>

> thanks,
>
> rob canning

Hi all!!

Three months ago I've written an email to the CODA Music support, to know
the reason of their indifference to the Linux/Unix world.
They answered me that for the moment they are not interested in a port
to Linux, because of the slight number of Finale's user that use Windows
and Linux or Mac and Linux...

I'm sure that we are a lot of people that still use Finale.
For example, the only reason that force me to have Windows on my pc is
only FINALE...

I'm really unsatisfied from the rate of growing of denemo (for the
moment I think that it is the best gui...) in debian sid i had waited 5
months to see a new version of the 0.6.0 ...

Well, I propose that all of us, write them an email...
We have to convince them that we aren't a slight number of users...

(there is another thing... Coda music knows that there are a lot of
finale cracked installation... why don't they solve a part of this problem
making a free/open version of Finale?

Let me know what do you think!!

ste

--