[linux-audio-user] JACK with two SBLives!

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 05:31:05 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:15:29AM +0100, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> > I would like to use JACKD with two SBLives! soundcards in Surround40
> in general, the only cards that can be used this way are those with an
> external sync in, such as word clock.

Yes. Someone in IRC yesterday found that upto 4 delta 44's can be linked
in software (under windows XP only, using a kernel hack). It would be
interesting to see how this works. It will be using a hardware feature
specific to the Delta's, but might still be useful for 44 owners.

Also, though studio cards will run in sync if you link thier wordclocks,
the interaction with that and ALSA will not have been tested very
thouroughly, so I wouldn't rush out and buy more cards until I'd spoken to
someone with the same combination to find out if it worked OK.

I would guess that the cards wouldn't generally start thier buffer
transfers on the same sample, which might cause some odd problems.

- Steve