[linux-audio-user] Direct score printing from NoteEdit, was: FINALE 2000 - WINE ???

Joerg Anders j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Mar 5 04:03:38 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Joerg Anders wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 torbenh at informatik.uni-bremen.de wrote:
>

> > not sure about how you get your finale data into it.
> >

> If Finale exports MuiscXML you can use NoteEdit
>
>  (http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html)
>
> It can also export ABC music ...

BTW: For about a half year NoteEdit has a hidden ./configure
option "--with-printing" which enables "direct" printing from
score. But this is a trick: It calls "abcm2ps" implicitely.

It was programmed by Jorge Windmeisser Oliver. I hide this because
it does not work:
	- if the user has no root privilegs and cannot install NoteEdit,
	    but uses the "admin/locinst.sh" script
	- if "print to file" is requested

Perhaps a KDE guru can review the code and say what to do.(?)

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)