[linux-audio-user] Tool for concatening wav files?

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Fri Mar 5 16:05:26 EST 2004

>>I have looked at the sox man page and did not find
>>any clues on how to concatenate wav files with sox.
>>An example command line would be welcome.

> ecasound would be better :)

I agree with Steve. There's plenty of ways to aid in what you're trying
to do (depending how complex you want to be). If you're just trying to
"glue" fileA.wav to the end of fileB.wav, the you can use "ecalength" to
find the length of fileA.wav....

[bash] ecalength fileA.wav
--> 213.542 (seconds)

then do...

ecasound -i:fileA.wav -t:213.542 -o:fileB.wav -y:213.542

I've tried this, but haven't really listened for accuracy.