[linux-audio-user] Tool for concatening wav files?

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Fri Mar 5 17:15:31 EST 2004

Opps...

>>> I have looked at the sox man page...

>> ecasound would be better :)

> ... If you're just trying to
> "glue" fileA.wav to the end of fileB.wav, the you can use "ecalength" to
> find the length of fileA.wav....
>
> [bash] ecalength fileA.wav
> --> 213.542 (seconds)
>
> then do...
>
> ecasound -i:fileA.wav -t:213.542 -o:fileB.wav -y:213.542

Actually you would find the length of fileB.wav...
[bash] ecalength fileB.wav
--> fileB.wav: 240.658s         (4m1s)

Then do...
ecasound -i:fileA.wav -o:fileB.wav -y:240.658

I just downloaded and compiled "sndfile-concat" and it's much easier. It
will even glue files of different types and bit rates without having to
convert them first (but not files with different number of channels).
http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/sndfile-concat.c

You might want to use ecasound for "splicing" differnt files into other
files. Of course, it's also an (complete) multitracker, effect processor
(and much more actually).

Rocco