[linux-audio-user] FINALE 2000 - WINE ???

Joerg Anders j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Mar 8 09:04:52 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Chris Cannam wrote:

> write Lilypond files (NoteEdit, Rosegarden and Denemo are your best
> bets) but none is as WYSIWYG or has such complete support as you
> would need, and certainly none is able to read Finale files.  (Of
> course you could use Recordare's Dolet plugin to get MusicXML from
> Finale and import that -- NoteEdit is currently the only one of the
> above able to import MusicXML.)

Is it really so clear ? OK, I tried "Finale NotePad 2003". And you
can teach me "Finale NotePad 2003" is not "Finale 2003". In my opinion
even the "NoteWorthy Composer" (http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/) is much
better. And this is a shareware with a very moderate shareware
policy (9 savings are possible without any fee, price: $39)

For instance: "Finale NotePad 2003" can draw (de-)crescendo.
But the "NoteWorthy Composer" plays(!) (de-)crescendo.
The same holds  piano pedal marks.

Where is arpeggio, ritardando, accelerando? The "NoteWorthy Composer"
plays(!) these symbols!

The "NoteWorthy Composer" highlights the played notes with
red color. "Finale NotePad 2003" drags a vertical line over
the score and the users has problems to associate the notes
to this line.

Where is Arpeggio, Segno, dal Segno, dal Segno al Fine,
dal Segno al Coda, Fine, Coda?

Ok, but perhaps it has to do with "NotePad" ...

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)