[linux-audio-user] Good Sound Card for Pro Multitracking

Polashek, Matthew Matthew.Polashek at scottforesman.com
Mon Mar 8 14:04:45 EST 2004

I would simply prefer to be able to hit 96K.  I definitely need an external
A/D/D/A unit for sound quality reasons.  I can probably use external mic
pre-amps.  I have been considering using a Presonus DIGImaxLt with a RME
Hammerfall 9652 but I think it ends up being cheaper to get an outboard box
with balanced ins and outs and throwing some kind of 8 channel mic pre in
front of it, unless there was a less expensive ALSA compatible option that
had 8 mic pres and 8 outs.

Matthew Polashek
Associate Editor, Silver Burdett Ginn - Music
Scott Foresman/Pearson Education
299 Jefferson Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0480
office: 973.739.8709
fax: 973.739.8098
Matthew.Polashek at scottforesman.com

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.