[linux-audio-user] Kernel 2.6.x latency

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Thu Mar 11 18:24:49 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 02:32:15PM -0600, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric at zhevny.com> writes:
>
> > insmod /usr/src/realtime-0.0.3/realtime.ko allcaps=1 gid=29
>
> There's nothing wrong with this.
>
> > I build it, but don't run the make install since doing so wipes out
> > all other modules. That's why I use insmod instead of a modprobe. (I'm
> > open to suggestions on better ways if they exist.)
>
> What happens when you run `make install'?
>
> If you have KERNEL_DIR set correctly, it *should* reinstall all the
> modules configured for your kernel sources.  To save time, I usually
> do the kernel `make modules' but no `make modules_install'.  Then, the
> realtime `make install' will install everything once.
>
> If we can figure out what's going wrong, I should at least make the
> INSTALL instructions clearer.
> --
>   joq

I think it's related to the fact that I build kernel deb packages w/
make-kpkg. I'm at work right now, and feeling somewhat under the
weather so I probably won't get to it tonight. I'll see if I can sort it
out this weekend when I'm planning to move up to the 2.6.4 kernel.

Thanks for all your efforts, Jack.

-Eric Rz.