[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: cannot reach ardour.org

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 16:13:19 EST 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 08:57:42PM +0100, Robert Epprecht wrote:
> > I imagine you've tried using different name servers.
>
> No, I do not know any and don't know how to do that,
> but it should not be to difficult to find out...
>
> But tell me, is this normal that I would have to change name server
> to reach a site like ardour?  I'm surprised.
> Or should I complain at my ISP? Is it likely to be their fault?

I couldnt resolve it either.
I put an entry into /etc/hosts:
66.33.221.124  ardour.org www.ardour.org

And tried again and it cam up perfectly.
A hack but it's quick and you don't have to go hunting for a nameserver.

The home page has one of the best descriptions I have seen of how free
software works and why it's a Good Thing.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk