[linux-audio-user] Can't have second port on Midisport 2x2 USB

Mirouf Linux mirouflinuxaudio at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 17 12:36:39 EST 2004

Hi,

I've got a Midisport 2x2 USB, which run with
EZbusmidi.
I've got few configuration problems:

- With AlSA, i have to plug the interface after RedHat
had been launch, otherwise ALSA intervert the number
of my cards:

cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [PAD            ]: Digi96 - RME Digi96/8 PAD
                     RME Digi96/8 PAD at 0xe7000000,
irq 19
1 [M2x2           ]: USB-Audio - Midisport 2x2
                     Midiman Midisport 2x2 at
usb-00:02.1-3

The RME became [1] and Midisport [0], so it works, but
not with all the applications, and i've got to set up
the whole sound system eatch time i remove the
midisport, not very cool...

Do someone got any ideas ?

- With ardour, I set up my ardour.rc file like that:
Midi-port tag "Midisport" device=/dev/snd/midiC1d0 ...

It works, i've got MTC on port A, but i can't find the
device for port B. I tried midiC1D1, MidiC2D0 : it
doesn't work.

Can someone help me , and show me the way to find what
device i've to use?

Thanks

françois Gueurce