[linux-audio-user] OmniStudio USB

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 25 17:23:29 EST 2004

Hallo,
sigir hat gesagt: // sigir wrote:

> On
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php3?vendor=vendor-MAudio#matrix
> there is the USB Audio Quattro, but the USB Audio Omni Studio is "untested".
>
> On M-Audio site, they said that it's the same as Quattro with some
> features more.
>
> Do you know if OmniStudio USB works with Linux? (Debian)

I don't know about the Omni, but  the Quattro still isn't supported on
kernel 2.6. I'd say: If you need to buy a USB device, stay clear of
M-Audio USB soundcards. Some work, but several models violate the USB
specification. Better take no risk, only buy devices with a USB
compliancy sticker on it.

ciao