[linux-audio-user] what's the best option here? / SosPubs article

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 12:39:07 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 09:03, R Parker wrote:
> > Mark Knecht:
> > 	You said that you didn't use the Lite card much
> > under Linux but
> > that it worked ok, and sorry to be a pest here, but
> > were there
> > deficiencies somewhere with this card that caused
> > you to yank it out?
>
> Does the Lite have wordclock? I think the digi9652 is
> the digi9632 with a daughter board that has wordclock
> and one more ADAT bank. The daughter board doesn't
> require a pci slot but it does bolt into pci slot
> chasis.

Yes, I think you're right about the Digi9652 being a superset of the
Hammerfall Light. My Digi9636 (Hammerfall Light) does not have Word
Clock, so I use ADAT to sync it. IIRC there was an add on card for other
features, but I don't remember if WC is one of them.

> I get confused with the RME model names. The one I own
> and am referring to is an older card. I've never had a
> problem with its drivers.

I don't remember which card is actually the 9632. I think you have to be
very German to like this RME naming scheme! ;-)

- Mark