[linux-audio-user] Timemachine compile problem

Jos Laake jos at radiks.net
Wed May 19 03:00:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to compile 'timemachine' on my system and I keep running into
this problem in the ./configure script:

checking for jack >= 0.80.0... Package jack was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `jack.pc'
No package 'jack' found

configure: error: Library requirements (jack >= 0.80.0) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

I'm using the tarballs of timemachine-0.2.4 and
jack-audio-connection-kit-0.98.1.

Both packages are in the same directory level
(/I/Useful_Stuff/AudioTools/) with the detarred source directories
under that.

So, I'm wondering I am, how do I get timemachine to find jack?
Is the problem that the jack package name is actually
'jack-audio-connection-kit'?

If yes, how would I fix that in timemachine's configure script?

And how do I adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
that's really what I'm supposed to be doing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Toodles,
~Jos~

Jos Laake