[linux-audio-user] clavier -o /dev/midi ==>> clavier: `/dev/midi': No such device

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Fri May 21 13:53:47 EDT 2004

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>>    I wonder if anyone has tried building clavier and getting it to work
>>with Alsa?
>

> What's "clavier"?  Or what would be the appropriate Google search term
> for it?  ;-)

It's a GUI based keyboard pointed to by Dave Phillips pages:

http://helgo.net/simon/clavier/

It didn't work. However Takashi has one on his page that does work so
I'm using that now. This is no longer a problem for me.

Thanks Takashi!

>>I just get the error message in the subject line. Is /dev/midi not
>>appropriate?
>

> "No such device" usually means that there is no device driver for this
> decice node.  Try /dev/midi00, midi01 ...

I had tried /dev/midi00 but got the same message. I did not bother with
01, 02 or 03.